October is the fire safety month. Are you prepared for a fire emergency? Is your house safe?
There are many things that you can check in your home to prevent a fire:
1. SMOKE ALARMS: Check you smoke alarm. Ensure that your smoke alarm is working properly at all levels of the house including the basement.
2. FIRE EXIT PLAN: Make sure you review the safety protocol with your family and have a home fire escape plan of exit of there is a fire . There are many games available to teach children about safety rules that are fun and educational.
3. CLEAN DYER VENT: Dryer vents that have not been cleaned for a long time are also at risk for catching a fire. Dryer lint build up in the Vent can start a fire in no time. To prevent starting a fire, make sure your dryer vent is cleaned every year.
4. PREVENT ELECTRICAL FIRES: Make sure not to overload circuits or extension cords. Unplug appliances when not in use.
5. FIRE EXTINGUISHER: Always keep a fire extinguisher in the house. Check regularly if it is in working condition
You can contact Air Care Duct Cleaning Services at 647-571-3337 for more information on Fire prevention. Air Care does Dryer vent and Furnace cleaning too!